The discussion around skills-based organizations is ubiquitous – but how to put it into practice effectively? Increasing labor shortage and accelerated business transformations result in the urgent need for systematic identification and development of “future skills” – a challenge that is more crucial than ever for ensuring sustainable business success and future opportunities for employment.
While proactive readjustment of jobs and skill requirements is the first step to respond to a massively changing business environment, it is equally important to ensure targeted and, thus, effective skill-building mechanisms through a role-based, fast-paced, and structured approach while providing a highly engaging and impactful learning experience at the same time – this may include:
- Identifying skill needs for crucial jobs along the value chain by combining output of a skill engine and internal business requirements
- Developing respective Learning Modules including internal and external expertise in a true cross-functional co-creation sprint process
- Compiling job-specific Learning Journeys by combining Learning Modules and Experience Design
- Delivering at global scale and considering the power of a thought-through “intake”
- Ensuring lasting impact by driving a fundamental shift in the learning behavior and the overarching learning culture promoted within the organization and even beyond