Unleash Your Creativity Starting from a blank canvas of brand presence.
Mondelēz International, largely unknown in terms of brand presence, came into being after splitting away from Kraft Foods in 2012. So who are they, and why should you care? They are actually the corporate umbrella of so many well-known snack brands from Cadbury’s to Oreo, Milka and Rtiz, to belVita, Toblerone, and many more.
The Mondelēz Talent Acquisition team was struggling 18 months ago, as their external positioning to candidates was unclear and inconsistent as a result of the breakaway.
Watch Jennifer give a presentation on her EVP here.
Their TA goal was and still is to look for people who love their iconic brand heritage but want to be part of the journey into the next chapter.
In 2018 they started a journey with Universum to develop their global EVP as a result of this struggle.
“Make it MDLZ” became the chosen creative campaign – one that brings MDLZ’s nuanced and unique EVP to life, encompassing attraction drivers of the key target audiences. It communicates opportunity, purpose, development potential, innovation and personality fit, in a way that allows for flexibility in execution.
Two secondary creative paths were developed; one for communicating about very targeted and specific role opportunities, like data analytics, and one for personal employee profiles – primarily for the MDLZ website and internal communications.
A Cookbook was designed, representing the total visual identity guidelines for MDLZ’s Employer Brand communication, and for the Make IT MDLZ Campaign. From messaging matrix, tone of voice, colors and typography to graphic elements and imagery guidelines – this was a comprehensive and clear guide for anyone working with Employer Brand communication.
The campaign allowed for localization and adaptability through a set of 20 “Make It” statement headings and 22 subheadings that could either be dialled up and down by market persona. This allowed MDLZ to ensure message targeting in their talent efforts.
- 11 personas representing key recruitment profiles
- Spoke to 96 people – the aim was 10 people per persona
- Helped define key profiles in ways that help recruiters identify, attract and engage the right people to become the future makers and bakers of MDLZ.
- Allowed key markets to own and refocus the EVP for their audiences.
- Able to prioritize the EVP pillars for their key targets, and translate the EVP narrative, headings, and subheadings into local languages, with nuances that were adjusted to their particular cultures.
The Cookbook also included:
- Campaign assets
- Video scripting and storyboarding
- Social media strategy playbook
We found search results for
- Case Study
- How To Guide
- Product Spotlight
- Roundtable Insights
- Clear filters