The February 2021 Globalization Partners global survey, which polled 215 chief financial officers, chief executive officers, and other senior finance executives, revealed some interesting regional differences in how the executives view their companies’ prospects and how aggressive they plan to be with expansions.
CFO Research of Industry Dive and Globalization Partners conducted the survey, polling senior finance executives at companies in North America, the Asia-Pacific region (APAC), and the Europe, Middle-East, and Africa region (EMEA), including the United Kingdom. Most of the companies represented had annual revenues of 1 billion U.S. dollars or more.
Questions asked included:
- How do you believe your organization will perform in 2021?
- How would you best describe the current state of your business?
- Does your organization’s long-term growth strategy include potential (or ongoing) expansion into countries where you do not currently operate?
- Which type of operating model does your business anticipate operating under for the next 12-18 months?
- Has the pandemic altered the way you think about hiring and workforce management?
- Has the pandemic altered the way you think about remote employees or the work-from-anywhere model?
- Is the ability to tap into a more cost-effective global talent pool that is equipped with the appropriate skills of interest to you and other organizational stakeholders?
- Is the ability to capture market share through global expansion of interest to you and other organizational stakeholders?
This report is a must-read, highlighting the priorities, expectations, and goals of senior business executives. Understanding these will enable CHROs and leaders in HR to plan and map their goals and strategies for a pathway of growth through global expansion.
"*" indicates required fields