The wait really is almost over. UNLEASH Startup is back with a bang, and celebrating more than a decade of championing the brightest, most innovative young businesses from across the world of HR technology.
The tagline of the UNLEASH Startup initiative is ‘The Network Never Stops!’, which encapsulates the tireless enthusiasm of the young tech innovators in our community.
It embodies the perpetual growth and dynamism of our ever-evolving community. As innovative startups emerge year after year, they invigorate, diversify, and strengthen the connections within our network.
At the core of UNLEASH Startup is an unwavering commitment to nurturing a vibrant ecosystem that fosters collaboration, inspiration, and endless possibilities.
Who are the UNLEASH Startup finalists?
NoahFace is revolutionizing time and data capture with the world’s most advanced time clock.
With features like facial recognition, temperature and alcohol screening, and more, NoahFace’s highly configurable software solutions transform iPads and smartphones into the most flexible, scalable, and dependable clocking platform on earth.
And with high employee turnover rates costing companies an average of 33% of a worker’s annual salary, NoahFace’s technology is a game-changer. Fast, reliable, and accurate, NoahFace provides businesses with the tools they need to optimize their workforce and improve their bottom line.
- According to a study by the American Payroll Association, 75% of businesses in the U.S. still use manual time tracking methods, such as paper time cards, which can result in errors and inefficiencies.
- The American Payroll Association also found that automated time and attendance systems can reduce payroll processing time by up to 80% and result in a 2% to 8% reduction in payroll costs.
- According to the National Institute of Standards and Technology, facial recognition technology has a false positive rate of less than 0.1% and can significantly improve security and accuracy in time and attendance tracking.
NoahFace is important because 75% of US businesses still use manual time tracking methods, which can lead to errors and inefficiencies.
Automated time and attendance systems like NoahFace can reduce payroll processing time by up to 80%, resulting in a 2-8% reduction in payroll costs.
Additionally, with facial recognition technology having a false positive rate of less than 0.1%, NoahFace can improve security and accuracy in time and attendance tracking.
Hour One is changing the game for professional video communications with its lifelike virtual characters based on real humans.
With its self-service platform, Reals, businesses can easily access Hour One’s AI technology to generate fully-produced videos automatically, in just minutes.
Hour One’s technology offers businesses unprecedented ease and scale for upgrading their communications. And with video becoming the most popular medium for online content, Hour One’s technology is poised to make a significant impact in the industry.
Hour One’s customers include some of the biggest names in e-learning and media, including Berlitz and NBC Universal and DreamWorks, and spanning HR, e-commerce, SaaS and more.
- In a survey by Wyzowl, 96% of people said they watched explainer videos to learn more about a product or service.
- According to a study by Forrester, customers who watch a product video are 64% more likely to make a purchase than those who don’t.
- The virtual character market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 26.3% from 2021 to 2028, according to a report by Grand View Research.
Hour One is important due to the growing importance of video in marketing and the significant potential of the virtual character market, with 96% of people watching explainer videos and customers being 64% more likely to make a purchase after watching product videos, and the virtual character market projected to grow at a CAGR of 26.3% from 2022 to 2028.
Crooton provide recruitment solutions to organisations across the globe, with a particular focus on volume hiring and employer branding. By deploying employer-fencing technology, they are able to deliver digital display advertising units to a highly targeted audience.
This allows organisations to reach a passive candidate audience in a very focused way, driving quality applications and building employer brand awareness. When many organisations struggle to fill open vacancies from a pool of active jobseekers, Crooton’s tools provide an effective alternative.
- According to LinkedIn, only 30% of job seekers are actively looking for a job at any given time, meaning that the majority of potential candidates are passive job seekers who need to be reached through targeted advertising.
- The recruitment advertising market is expected to reach $7.1 billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 7.6% to 2025, according to a report by MarketsandMarkets.
- According to a survey by Glassdoor, companies with a strong employer brand see a 50% increase in qualified applicants.
Crooton is important because it helps organizations reach passive job seekers through targeted advertising, in a recruitment advertising market that is expected to reach $7.1 billion by 2025, while also building employer brand awareness which is shown to increase qualified applicants by 50%.
Mirza is building ‘Guild for childcare’. We deliver tax-efficient employer stipends, bring a network of caregivers, and build the technology to run it all.
Mirza sells the benefit to enterprises with high churn staff, so they can stop losing the 1 in 4 parents who quit their jobs simply because they can’t afford childcare.
Founded by Siran Cao (ex-Uber, Harvard, LSE) and Mel Faxon (ex-Amazon & Inspirato, UVA, LBS), the team’s vision is to launch a caregiver insurance benefit that tackles affordability in the broader care market, and to define a new category at the intersection of caregiving and fintech.
- According to a study by the Economic Policy Institute, the average cost of child care in the U.S. is $9,589 per year, which can be a significant financial burden for many families.
- A survey by Care@Work found that 70% of working parents say that child care responsibilities have a negative impact on their career, including missed opportunities for advancement and reduced job satisfaction.
- According to a report by Grand View Research, the global caregiving market is expected to reach $1.5 trillion by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 12.2% from 2021 to 2028.
Mirza is important because it addresses the significant financial burden of childcare costs in the U.S., which can negatively impact working parents’ careers.
With the global caregiving market expected to grow at a CAGR of 12.2% from 2021 to 2028, Mirza’s focus on affordability and accessibility is crucial for addressing this industry trend.
Plus the winner of the semi-final Lightning round! Stay tuned.
DAY 1 (Wednesday, April 26)
- 11:35-12:40 Lightning Round (Winner to Final)
- 14:00-15:05 Final
Peter Phelan, CEO & Founder of ValuesCulture, is an influential figure in the HR industry, known for his passion for shaping organizational culture and driving excellence.
A seasoned speaker and moderator, Peter brings a fresh and dynamic energy to UNLEASH.
As an advisor to numerous companies, his expertise and valuable connections make him an invaluable asset to startups seeking guidance and growth.
We are thrilled to have Peter moderating the UNLEASH Startup competition final, where his insights, sense of humor and enthusiasm will inspire and engage all those in attendance.
Josh Bersin is a renowned HR and learning tech industry analyst, known for his visionary outlook and deep understanding of the HR tech landscape. As a veteran of the UNLEASH Startup competition panel, Josh’s expertise and insights are invaluable in shaping the future of work.
Sadie Bell, the VP of Innovation & Deployment at Hewlett-Packard, is a trailblazer in the world of tech and innovation. With her ability to spot opportunities and drive transformative change, Sadie is a leading practitioner whose expertise is highly valued on the UNLEASH Startup competition panel.
Mike Ettling, the CEO of Unit4, is a luminary in the enterprise software arena, with extensive experience leading industry giants such as NGA HR (Alight) and SAP SuccessFactors. His strategic prowess and exceptional leadership skills make him a cornerstone of the HR tech world. As an investor and mentor, Mike is passionate about nurturing the next generation of innovators, making him an inspiring force in the industry.
Sarah White, the CEO & Founder of Aspect43, is a trailblazer in digital HR transformation and talent acquisition. With her keen eye for emerging workforce trends and dedication to nurturing the next generation of HR tech innovators, Sarah’s presence on the UNLEASH Startup competition panel is a testament to her exceptional talents.
Maureen Jules-Perez, Managing VP & People Tech at Capital One, is a distinguished leader known for her ability to leverage technology for meaningful change. Her insights and commitment to innovation make her an invaluable addition to the UNLEASH Startup competition panel.
Gerry Crispin, known as the Man in the Hat, is a recruitment genius and the father of candidate experience. With decades of experience redefining talent acquisition, his innovative approach and strategic acumen have made him an industry icon. Gerry’s invaluable guidance during the UNLEASH Startup lightning rounds is sure to inspire the next generation of innovators.
Trevor White is responsible for the overall direction and management of the advisory, consulting, and equity research products from Nucleus. An expert on the underlying return on investment (ROI) and financial calculations, he advises vendors and end-users on the use of ROI tools, their deployment strategies, and training plans to ensure successful ROI business case development from initial touch through final justification.
Benjamin Visser has been shaping the recruiting world for more than 20 years. He is founder and CEO of allygatr, the #1 operative Venture Capitalist for HR Tech in Germany, which has invested in 17 digital startups (more to come). The unique concept of operational support and access to its “allyance”, its investor’s network of knowledge and contacts, has been attracting founders, talents and investors.
Aside from the accolade and recognition of winning or being a finalist of the longest-running and most prestigious startup competition in the US, benefits include:
- Access to the Who’s Who of HR and the world’s #1 HR marketplace – the industry’s leading practitioners, analysts, vendors, advisory firms, media, and carefully handpicked investors.
- Access to our exclusive boardroom “Startup Sit Down” with the industry’s leading analyst, Josh Bersin.
- $50,000 Startup prize!
We wish all the finalists the best of luck and can’t wait to see you on day one of UNLEASH America, 26 April!
About the Author:
Founder & CEO of UNLEASH, Marc Coleman is leading the charge in revolutionizing the human resources industry through the power of community, technology and AI. His passion for creating dynamic event experiences focused on the future of work drives the formation of powerful connections, that inspire intelligent action, valuable industry alliances, lifelong learning and friendship. With his unique blend of human insight and major event expertise, Marc’s vision is to positively impact and shape the future of work and AI for the greater good.
UNLEASH AMERICA 2024 – THE INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL OF HR!
May 8-9, CAESARS FORUM, LAS VEGAS
UNLEASH WORLD 2023 – THE MOST INFLUENTIAL HR EVENT IN THE WORLD
17-18 October, PARIS CONVENTION CENTRE
Sign up to the UNLEASH Newsletter
Get the Editor’s picks of the week delivered straight to your inbox!